Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I don't think


for a moment that those who follow the Prosperity Gospel aren't sincere.

Creflo Dollar's Prosperity Gospel finds followers and critics

Like any group there are going to be people following for the wrong reason.


"The focus is on getting right with God, but you know that when you get right with God, you're going to get something for it."
I'm not at all certain that it is prosperity that you're going to get. I would think that you might pick salvation as the first gift.

Mind you, I'm a Franciscan, and our Father Francis didn't really put much stock in 'stuff'. I'll try to follow his lead...


No comments: