Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Friday, March 18, 2011

A very helpful list


Even for those who are sympathetic to people with mental disorders.

Top 10 Mental Illnesses And Their Myths

Most of the people I talk to seem to have the myths well-established in their minds. A little education is very helpful, and this list does a good job of giving the information necessary to refute some myths...


(The image here is to portray the people who are lacking the proper information, not the people with mental illnesses. Sigh. I get a little frustrated that I have to say that, but if I don't I'll get comments or email from people upset because of their misinterpretation. This is no reflection on any person or persons that I usually communicate with or who comment, of course. You folks are the best!)


No comments: