Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Friday, February 11, 2011

This article


has some really good things to say in the realm of inter-faith discussions:

The Gentle Synergy of Believers

Especially this:

"I don't stand by my religious beliefs and practices like a fan cheering his or her favorite team. I stand by them because I believe that they are true. If they are true, no one else's belief need have any impact upon me or cause me any consternation. If I know that the sum of interior angles of a triangle always equals 180 degrees, no one's opinion that they really add up to 200 degrees is going to cause me any grief—even if others say that my immortal soul depends upon it. Let people pray that I should see the light, or let them believe that my prayers are not heard. G-d is smart enough to figure out which requests He wishes to honor"
G-d bless you, Rabbi...


No comments: