Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Friday, February 11, 2011

And how many angels

can dance on the head of a pin?

It is a sin to lie, even to Planned Parenthood

'The New Theological Movement' is really the Old Theological Movement. Is that a lie I see there?

At any rate, again, it's the comments that are the most interesting. Watching the back and forth of the conservative Traditionalists (the law is supreme!) vs. the liberals (can't we insert some love in here somewhere?) is quite engaging. And the Traditionalists are bringing back all the usual arguments of 'mental reservation', etc. (For certain, Thomism is not dead, that I know!) in defence of what they couldn't honestly defend, I think, given their position.

So. Undercover police work is sinful, as is acting. I'm glad that's cleared up. You've been told.

(Perhaps I'll start posting some excerpts from the 'Summa' on Sundays, just for fun...)


No comments: