Town rejects donation from pedophileMore and more, even in the city where I live, public buildings, university developments, and various other construction projects and existing buildings are taking money from companies and individuals for 'naming rights'. It's a way of getting more money for the building. I've always argued that there will be problems when someone wants to name a public building after something or someone a public entity doesn't want to be associated with, as precedents have been set. This is such a situation. I'll be interested in what the courts finally decide.
I'm waiting for when a public building, say a recreation centre, gets an offer from a company like the restaurant chain 'Hooters' to buy naming rights. Can you imagine? 'Hooters Recreation Centre', or 'Hooters Entertainment Complex'? Precedents will have been set, and, depending on how the courts decide, there may be no recourse for the building owners.
This is what happens when you sell your buildings for a 'mess of pottage'. (And I have no sympathy for them. I'm actually looking forward to the entertainment value attached to it...)
No comments:
Post a Comment