Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Thursday, July 08, 2010

Goodbye...


I've been thinking about this for some time.

My readership has never been more than a handful of people.
Generally no more than one can count on one hand.
I've posted over 7,000 articles just
on 'Silent Servants' alone.
I've spent more hours than I like to
think about trolling the 'net,
looking for appropriate articles.

I'm tired.

It's becoming harder and harder
to do this each day.
So few people even comment anymore.
I get perhaps one comment a month now.
It's hardly worth the effort.

It's been a good run, though.
Starting off as "It's A Mystery",
evolving to"The World... God...",
and finishing as "Silent Servants".
I've enjoyed it.
7,000+ posts.
If I add the posts from "The World... God..."
and from "It's a Mystery"
I think I have posted over 15,000 articles,
perhaps closer to 20,000.
I must have enjoyed it.

There's not much else. I'll leave the pages up
for a short while, but I'll take them down in
the not-distant future. A news blog goes out of date
very quickly, so leaving the articles up is pointless.

SWMBO, thanks for the love and encouragement.
Anonymous, thanks for being a regular here, for being such a
good friend, and for being my most frequest commentor.
Morganor, thanks for reading, and I wish you good health,
much happiness and a good, good life.
Everyone else, thanks so much. I appreciate it.

There. See? When a person can name their main readers
one one hand,
and it takes only three fingers,
you know it's been an effort of narcissism and nothing
else. Why else would one continue?
I probably exemplify the perfect blogger -
it's really been about me all along.

And it's been fun.

So long, and thanks for all the cats...





4 comments:

Joel A. Shaver said...

I'll miss your faithful updates and unique view! I was glad to find a fellow Klise appreciator, and more glad to hear your perspective on things. I wanted to send you an e-mail several months ago, but wasn't able to find a current address... and lacked the persistence to ask. Do you have any future plans for electronic correspondence or updates?

James said...

Hi, Joel. You can reach me at

idjster(at)gmail(dot)com

replacing that which needs replacing in the address, o' course.

Thanks for your readership. You're the fourth finger I count on!

One can never tell if I will or won't start blogging again. Every time I say that I've had enough and my work, family, etc. has to take precedence, I end up starting over again. If I do I'll be sure to let you know.

Please send me a note so I'll at least have your email address.

Thanks, and thanks, too, for your kind words!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm sorry to see it end but I certainly understand. I'll just have to start e-mailing, calling, and visiting more often!

James said...

And I would love it if you would, Anonymous. You know that. I can tell you all about my new 27" I5 iMac!

:-)