Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Tuesday, February 26, 2008

They probably learned to do it

in university, where plagiarism from the internet is just as common...

Polish priest: Young priests plagiarize homilies from Internet

That way they can spend the time they'd have used writing a sermon to do a podcast or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, very bad idea. But I understand the saturday night desperation thing.

James said...

Yes, there's always been that, but in the olden days, when I was at university, we didn't have an internet to steal from, so we really had to do that last minute stuff to get done, or get an extension. A priest can't do the extension thing -"I'm sorry, but the sermon is postponed until next week" - but our pastor seems to do marvelously without having to steal from the 'net...