A Secular Franciscan looks at the world... with a more jaundiced eye than ever... and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text... (with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Happy Birthday!
To an old friend - Dr. Paul Grimm. A terrific person who became a wonderful doctor. Happy Birthday, Paul.
It's possible. I know his internship was in here and part of his residency was in New Orleans Charity Hospital, then Halifax, then Winnipeg & TO, but it was over 30 years ago now and I'm a bit fuzzy on things past last week. :-)
Other than hair colour (his was a bit darker than what you describe, but that could be close) it sounds very much like it could be Paul. That could be around the right time, too. Anyway, a very kind, gentle doctor and a nice person to boot!
Maybe reddish was not quite the right word. It certainly wasn't a carroty red, more of a brown with some red in it.
Anyway, if we are speaking of the same person, the next time you have a chance to write/speak/email him, ask him to cast his mind back to his internship year. If he recalls somewhere in the midst of his lack of sleep (I don't envy interns that year one bit at all - 24 hour shifts) something call and "intern burger". If he does, his internship was at St. Paul's.
6 comments:
Did he do his internship at St.Paul's?
that name sounds familiar..
It's possible. I know his internship was in here and part of his residency was in New Orleans Charity Hospital, then Halifax, then Winnipeg & TO, but it was over 30 years ago now and I'm a bit fuzzy on things past last week. :-)
ok.. then it is probable that it is not the same Dr. I was working at St. Paul's about 25ish years ago.
My how time flies.....
But darn.... that name is familiar...
hmmm... on second thought....
I started there in 1980... I seem to recall an intern of medium height, reddish (auburn?) hair and beard, wire rimmed glasses.
not much of a description I know.. but. Whether your Dr. Grimm is the same intern I recall or not, a very happy birthday to him.
Other than hair colour (his was a bit darker than what you describe, but that could be close) it sounds very much like it could be Paul. That could be around the right time, too. Anyway, a very kind, gentle doctor and a nice person to boot!
Maybe reddish was not quite the right word. It certainly wasn't a carroty red, more of a brown with some red in it.
Anyway, if we are speaking of the same person, the next time you have a chance to write/speak/email him, ask him to cast his mind back to his internship year. If he recalls somewhere in the midst of his lack of sleep (I don't envy interns that year one bit at all - 24 hour shifts) something call and "intern burger". If he does, his internship was at St. Paul's.
Post a Comment