Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Monday, February 06, 2012

R.I.P. - RIta Fuller


This past Friday,February 3, a wonderful woman passed away at a local hospital. She, her husband and her family, were our family friends for many years, and she was like a second Mom to me with all the time I spent at their house and all the secrets I shared with her that I couldn't tell my own parents. One of her children, my own age, became one of my best friends in high school. This weekend it was sad to see her whole family, about 50 people up to the great grandchildren, getting together for the prayers and funeral. I was honoured by being singled out in the eulogy with a funny event from the past that has apparently passed into the family lore. She was a good, holy person with many gifts, some of which she gave up with the onset of serious rheumatoid arthritis and the loss of the use of her hands. As a dear friend I loved her, and I will miss her.

Requiescat in Pacem, Mrs. Fuller, and rest in the gentleness and love of God's Kingdom.


No comments: