Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Tuesday, January 17, 2012

R.I.P. - Helen Campbell


The world has lost another good soul.

Helen was the mother of my best friend, Dan, who died a few years ago. Dan's death was a sad blow to her. She was a such a lovely person, and I always enjoyed visiting with her. She had wit and charm and we spent some very enjoyable hours with her and Harley.  I'm sure her wonderful dog Harley can't understand where his long-time companion has gone.

Helen moved to Ontario some time ago to live with her daughter and her family and I missed her then, though I will miss her more now knowing that she's gone from this earth.

Lord, have mercy on this kind soul and take her to eternal happiness with you in Heaven.


No comments: