Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Tuesday, December 27, 2011

W-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l...



At the world’s hottest church

...it's something that there doesn't seem to be much of a middle ground about in the mainline churches. I'm not talking about Pentecostals, who are not in the picture in Protestant or Catholic church life, but rather of Charismatics. In my experience people I know either love them or hate them (or rather, the movement, or perhaps both) for many and varied reasons. My experience? I think it is valid and for some people a true blessing. God's gifts and experiences are many and varied. I have met some of the most wonderful people I've ever known who were active in the Charismatic Renewal, and I've met some the people I have the most trouble with. In other words, it's like everything else. There's nothing new under God's sun...


No comments: