Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Wednesday, June 29, 2011

R.I.P. - Fr. Paul Donlevy

Fr. Paul was a terrific person and a wonderful priest. We were never close friends, but we knew each other through events and organizations that brought us together for common purposes. He had a keen sense of humour and a deep affection for the poor, those he called 'the orphans'. He was an intelligent man, presiding over the marriage tribunal in the diocese for some years and well as being the diocesan canon lawyer. Everything he did was extra, beyond his first duty which was to the parish(es) that he was assigned to. Fr. Paul suffered from a number of serious illnesses throughout his life, which brought him into the hospital with increasing frequency, and which led us to be able to get together in that context, with me being able to provide him with some measure of comfort in prayer and the Blessed Sacrament. I know that I'll miss him, and I'm sure many others will.

Requiescat in Pacem. Go swiftly to God, Fr. Paul, and rest in His love.


No comments: