Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Friday, June 24, 2011

I finally gave up.

I have tried everything to get SWMBO's iPad to work with her computer, with no luck. I've followed every support suggestion from Apple as well as from other Mac sites on the 'net that have suggestions, and I haven't had an ounce of success. What I finally ended up doing was syncing it with my computer and we'll both have to share whatever apps I have on mine (or download for either one of us). It's amazing that, while SWMBO's computer is only a few years old, Apple is coming out with new technology that seems, at first glance, to work with only the latest of their other technology. Do they really expect us to upgrade every time a new piece of hardware is released?









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My "secondary iMac" is now almost obsolete, because it's a powerpc. There's more and more I can't run on it, and not just Apple stuff either!

ps my eldest daughter has been very sick but has almost fully recovered.

James said...

Yes, it's amazing how the computer world has become very thoughtless and elitist in some ways, sadly.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, but I'm really glad to hear she's recovered! Take good care of her - and yourself!