Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Friday, June 10, 2011

A 'Gentleman Visionary'

The Man of The Trees: Richard St. Barbe Baker

This is a really good website to read about one man's vision and work of replanting the earth.

I originally learned of him when I was creating a website about Saskatoon's cemeteries, and discovered that he was buried in one of them. I've read things of and by him since then, and marvel at his farsightedness, concern, trust, faith and love for the earth and all it's inhabitants. He certainly was a very special individual. This website provides a great portrait of this man and his vision...


No comments: