Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Thursday, January 07, 2010

A new religion?

I don't think so.

Liquid Faith

"Down the road from the Smucker’s factory, a new religion emerges in the living rooms of Latinos in America."
It don't think it's a new religion. It's not even a new expression of an existing religion. It's an expression of the faith of the people of a sort that has been around for years, and an expression that is, I believe, blessed by God. Even the blessing of water, not by a priest but by a member of the faith community, is blessed by God, I think...


No comments: