will leave and take his flock with him because of his disobedience to his superiors. Alas, I hold obedience as a huge thing in the Catholic Church, and that which has helped hold it together for 2,000 years...St Mary's priest will take his flock with him

"Maverick priest Father Peter Kennedy says he will lead a breakaway congregation if Brisbane's catholic Archbishop forces him to leave St Mary's Church."Alas, even more, is that, despite my feelings about obedience, all Fr. Kennedy has been trying to do is to make his parish become Church for a lot of those disenfranchised by the people he's supposed to be in obedience to. I don't know all the details, but this seems so sad. I suspect that if he were of a different personality (and here I'm guessing) he might be able to work with the hierarchy to accomplish what he wanted to accomplish without, in essence, causing a break with the Church and becoming what Martin Luther became so many years ago...
No comments:
Post a Comment