Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Saturday, May 17, 2008

Good grief!

Chinese Chastisement? And what of Europe and America?

This is not unlike saying that God caused the devastation in New Orleans because of their 'wicked lifestyles'. Which begs the question of why God would do that to evil and good alike, as I'm sure there are good people there. Will God spare the people even if there is one good person there? I think so.

As much as I hate the actions of the Chinese Government in these things, the callousness and self-righteousness of these 'Christians' is just as disgusting. Don't you love the use of 'some say' in order for them to imply that '...it's not us saying it, gosh no, but how astute of someone to think of this...'

*sigh*

2 comments:

Polaris said...

My, how very old testament it is. Claptrap like this always flourishes after a natural disaster: It happened after the Tsunami, the "recent unpleasantness" in Burma, and now China.

My thoughts? People who live in glass houses.......

James said...

I couldn't agree more, Morganor. When I see the kind of things that come out of the lives of some of these evangelists I begin to see that they can't possibly be right. If they were, God would be taking them by calamity instead.

Glass houses 'n all...