that the elderly, the seniors, are starting to be looked at as a group in the Church.
Western Society Missing Out on Great Resource: Vatican Official Urges Valuing Elderly as Contributors
Now I hope that the Church can stop ignoring the single parents and married couples without children. These two groups are almost pariahs in some parishes as they don't fulfill the mandate of 'one mother, one father, kids'. They're not looked at as a family, or they're seen as second class in a lot of cases. I think the Church has a lot of things to look at...
Monday, April 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's even worse if you're single - and lots of people are. We have no claim to being "families" and "families" are all anyone cares about apparently. It's a world full of "families" and people who don't count.
You're correct, and I apologize for leaving you out.
There are a lot of groups that the Church glosses over in its desire to support and protect the 'family' unit. I've had some terribly unpleasant experiences in churches in my diocese just trying to be a part of the Church community. You're right. If you're not 'family' very often you're nothing.
Post a Comment