Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Wednesday, May 02, 2007

There you are

Jury to hear case of woman suing pastor for fall during prayer

I've always been skeptical about this falling down business. I think people get what they expect to get when they go up there. Still, anything that would make a pastor publicly state
"The Bible, uh, ethics and God's word says that Christians are not to sue Christians," the suit quotes Williams as saying at the rally, " ... and so we have to assume that if that's the case, that she must have renounced the faith, and that's what I am very concerned about, that she has renounced her faith in Jesus, just for the sake of, uh, you know, mammon."
about a member's actions, no matter what they were, is certainly suspect to me and deserves a lawsuit in itself.

No comments: