Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The best review


I've yet seen of this film...

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

The book was really quite good, in a vampirey way. (No sparkles here. The vampires are bad!) The film has recieved mixed reviews, but I always take these things with a larger grain of salt than usual anyway. The one thing I won't do is watch it in 3D. Besides being visually disturbed by 3D,I tend to watch films at home long after their theatre release, and I certainly do NOT plan to buy 3D television equipment. While it may be here to stay, it's still not a style of presentation I'm fond of (read the technical part of this film review to see partly why).

And if anyone can't take the 'messing with history joke', that's their problem.


No comments: