Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Monday, May 28, 2012

As I understand it


there was nothing of real consequence in the leaks (other than to show what everyone already knows about the machinations of the political organism known as the Vatican).

Pope's butler arrested in "VatiLeaks" probe

My comments aren't just about the Pope, but I suppose anyone that this happens to.

In this sort of case it's likely not done to show criminal behaviour, actions or intentions, but simply to embarass and titillate. And to make money. Money is always involved. So I really can't express any support for these people who do this sort of thing. If someone did this to my correspondence I'd consider it theft as well...

(Not that anyone would care about my written correspondence anyway, and email, no matter how private it is intended to be, can only be considered a public thing - anyone who believes different is kidding themselves.)


No comments: