Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Monday, March 05, 2012

Dagnabit!




I keep finding deals I can't resist!

I went and found a terrific deal on a used hollow body guitar. It was so clean that I didn't know that it was used at first. No scratches, dents, dings or anything. The price was incredible. It was waiting for me. It's a

Epiphone Dot Studio.

I've been saving money by buying guitars that are manufactured the same as high quality guitars by the same makers, but which they take shortcuts to save money. In this case, there's no dots on the fretboard front, the pickups aren't covered, the finish is flat rather than a high gloss, the pickups will be of a different quality, they've saved money by installing one set of controls to take care of two pickups and so on. Really though, the tone has to be heard to be believed. I don't think I'm missing out on anything with this guitar, and I saved a bundle of money buying it rather than something else.

If I keep buying guitars eventually I'll find the one that will make me a good guitar player, no?



No comments: