Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Tuesday, December 20, 2011

This has always been


one of the objects of tourist-y desire for me.

Père-Lachaise Cemetery: Final resting place of Paris’s rich and famous

I may never get there, but there's a weath of information on the internet as well as in libraries all over about the place. I understand if not too many people share the same fascination with cemeteries. I've explained it often - I love the art, history and sociology of cemeteries - and my interest has caused me to do websites for the local cemeteries where I live. In the West, cemeteries are places to stay away from, rather than celebrate...


No comments: