Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Thursday, June 30, 2011

Good article...

Johann Hari: How to survive the age of distraction

"In the age of the internet, physical paper books are a technology we need more, not less."
I'm in complete agreement with this. Paper books are a technology we must not lose.

I have to admit that I have a Kindle. And, as a Kindle owner, I do use it. I read it quite a bit, actually. The truth is, though, that since buying the Kindle my purchases of paper books has increased, if anything. Now, as I am a reader and book lover, my situation may not be the norm,but that's the way it's been for me. I'd never give up paper books...


No comments: