Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Naw,


I don't think he is...

21 Points of Evidence

That's some pretty indefensible evidence there. I could make just as good claims for our cat Melbourne as being the messiah with evidence like that. Also, whoever wrote the webpage does seem to speak a lot for gnostics, who, as far as I know, aren't one group of people holding common beliefs. Naw, I'm from Missouri on this one.

The whole website uses 'evidence' like this to make their claim. Did someone do this as a joke or is it real?

From their FAQ:

"We have been told that The Roman Catholic Church has been quietly waiting for a specific set of astrological and astronomical signs that would announce the return of the Messiah... They have now seen these signs, and they are anxiously deciding what to do. Some church leaders and world leaders are quickly embracing Him with open arms, while others are trembling in fear, because they know what His arrival means for them."
Everything on the website is anonymous. Now you know it's got to be a joke...


No comments: