Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A disappointment


Fate Goes Nowhere in The Adjustment Bureau

and

Adjustment Bureau, The

Although James Berardinelli likes it better than Christa Banister does, neither one of them are really enthusiastic about it, which is too bad. First, the concept of the film is really interesting, and could have made a great film, and second, it stars Matt Damon, an actor who has shown himself quite capable in the past, and while his turn in this film may be just fine, it's never good for an actor of is calibre to be saddled with a bit of a dud. I like him as an actor, so it's disappointing.

I'll likely see it on DVD at some point in the future, but it's not something I'll be rushing out to see...


No comments: