Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Thursday, January 14, 2010

I"m so confused

as to why so many Americans are against allowing good health care to be given to everyone, regardless of income...

Virginia Catholics Take Up Arms against Obamacare

I understand that their country is actually run by corporations, and that the insurance industry and for-profit medical industry would be against this. What I don't understand is the average Joe and Jane who are against it. They keep reading about medical emergencies that have left families - even families with insurance - destitute, and they must think 'better dead than red', assuming that universal healthcare is a commie plot. What do they think their current MedicAid and like programs are - charity?

I'm off to Bedlam...


1 comment:

Joel A. Shaver said...

Not sure about them... Having lived in the UK for a while now, I'm all for a well-implemented version of socialized healthcare; what worries me is a solution where poor people are legally required to pay the insurance companies that are already in power. I might be missing some things, though, so I don't want to judge too hastily.