Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'm of two minds on this


China condemns 'groundless' US criticism of web control

"China has denounced US criticism of its internet controls, saying it could harm ties between the two countries."
While I object to China's restrictions on the internet in general, just as I object to their restrictions on freedom of speech and other freedoms, I'm not sure that 'freedom of internet' is a human right, and I'll always object to the U.S. sticking its nose into another country's affairs. If China was the size of Grenada they would have invaded already. It's always about their own interests anyway...


No comments: