Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Monday, September 14, 2009

SWMBO is currently reading

a book that appears to be very interesting. It's title is

A Book of Silence

The subtitle is "A journey in search of the pleasures and powers of silence"

You can see from the website linked above that there is a religious dimension to her search as well, but not solely so. I'm waiting anxiously to read it myself. Silence is something that I love, and I miss. Our culture needs to be constantly in communication somehow, I think that's why it seems that 2 out of 3 people are either talking on their cell phones or have ear buds stuck in their ears. Besides, even if they didn't, the sounds of the city overwhelms everything and prevents silence completely.

I think I'll like the book...


No comments: