Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We have a new one!



I'm not much of a BBQ'er, but that's why we bought a charcoal one rather than propane. I also bought a fast charcoal lighter chimney. It'll be nice to have a good barbecue. Ours have always been second hand ones that didn't sell at garage sales and so were left over. Rather than send them to the landfill or for scrap metal we would use them until they rusted out. We've never had a new one before. This is a Weber(tm) and has a good 10 year warranty and nice features...

(I went to a Canadian Tire near us to get a set of BBQ tools. The cashier put them in the bag wrong side up and when I picked up the bag they sliced my finger. I ended up with 4 stitches after almost 2 hours in a minor emergency clinic. I felt bad for the cashier, though. She felt awful. I didn't think it was such a big thing. I hurt myself all the time. It just wouldn't stop bleeding on everything, though...)


No comments: