due to newer understanding of things, new/on-going understanding of revelation, new interpretation of traditional theology or ongoing change, one wonders if the changes are the result of growth in the Holy Spirit or despite the Holy Spirit...Is Mary the ‘Coredemptrix’ of humanity?
The Catholic Church does such a terrible job of teaching the faithful to properly undestand its current teachings that I think this would end up being a rubber stamp of the worship of Mary. People don't understand their faith now, they'll never understand or appreciate that the Blessed Virgin is always "subordinate to and dependent on the will of Christ". The only thing they'd see, and misunderstand completely, is 'Co-redemptrix'. Seeing it or hearing it once would be the last and only time they'd think of it. The Church doesn't teach well, and the average church-goer doesn't discern well. As much as I understand what most of those who promote this idea are trying to do, I think that it would be another step on the slipperly slope, and a terrible idea. My $0.02...
No comments:
Post a Comment