Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Saturday, February 09, 2008

We've said goodbye



This is my best friend, Dan, who died unexpectedly this week. We said goodbye to him today in a memorial service that SWMBO and I were asked to lead. It was attended by friends of Dan's from all over Canada and a telephone connection to his brother Walter in Australia. It was a wonderful service with many great memories shared.

Go swiftly to God, Dan, and rest in His peace. I know that you didn't have much truck with organized religion, but I know that God loves you. I pray you enjoy eternity with him. Thanks for so many pleasurable hours and all your practical help over the years. I'll miss you.

No comments: