that offered new hope and a bright future to a struggling country. It was a day I never thought I'd see - an historic day.
Millions brave cold, crowds to see first black US president sworn in
He seems to be what our neighbour to the South, and the world, have been waiting for. I hope that their hopes aren't destroyed by those who would impede his progress and derail his presidency for their own ends. He's not, and could never be, the world's saviour, but he really is a ray of sunshine to an increasingly dark and gloomy world.
(I'm not using my usual Political Clown graphic for this post. U.S. President Obama deserves better in discussing his inauguration. The graphic hasn't been sent to storage, though. It's just taking a moment to spruce up it's costume a bit, launder it, fix a few rips and tears - there's that pesky seam that keeps letting go - and getting ready for a new year of being lead commentator on all things political.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment