Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm once again amazed...

...or perhaps that's 'continually amazed', by people throwing stones from within their glass houses. From things I've read on the 'net and in print, most (though I acknowledge the generalization) of the conservative, Republican Catholics I encounter support things like the death penalty, which is also 'antithetical to the Catholic ethos' which calls for support of life from conception to natural death. But that doesn't bother them in their self-righteous anger, I guess.

"Antithetical to the Catholic ethos": Special "Mass for Democrats" to be celebrated at San Jose diocesan cathedral

Personally, I think politics is antithetical to the Catholic ethos, given the number of Catholic politicians, Republican and Democrat (in the U.S.), who are caught engaged in morally, ethically and criminally reprehensible acts.

No comments: