Silent Servants...

Silent Servants...

... of the Used, Abused, and Utterly Screwed Up.

A Secular Franciscan looks at the world...
with a more jaundiced eye than ever...
and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text...
(with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)



Thursday, December 27, 2007

Listen, sweetheart...

SWMBO and I had a fine time last evening. We spent it watching two classic Humphrey Bogart films, first The Maltese Falcon followed by The Big Sleep.

I just love those older films. I need to watch ones like them every so often to see films that are carried by dialogue, character and plot development rather than special effects. What gripping, rapid-fire dialogue! The sets are simple and few. Things were happening so quickly it was almost difficult to keep up (and I've watched both films numerous times before).

If you want to spend some quality time in front of your television, think about watching films like these once in a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favourite tv channel is "Turner Classic Movies" - well, apart from all the news channels, that is.