A Secular Franciscan looks at the world... with a more jaundiced eye than ever... and lots of ellipses for you to fill in the missing text... (with thanks to Thomas S. Klise for the title)
Iraq was a secular government before the invasion. Saddam Hussien was a despot, no argument. He may have gassed the Kurds, but the US was in that on up to their necks, having done everything but fly the planes that dumped the gas.
Unfortunately, Saddam got uppity and threatened to upset the status quo, and thus the US marched in. The Us could not give a ragged rodent's rectum about the Iraqi people, all they want is the oil.
The so called "regime change" just created a vacuum in which any Islamic fundamentalist nutcase could flourish, and did.
I really feel that Iraq was better off under Saddam Hussien.
I can't disagree with you. Any western gov't that gets up on their high horse years and decades after something has happened (and which they knew about, were involved in, or received benefit from) is a gov't that has no credibility or moral superiority. But we're talking about Dubya Dick (Mr. Haliburton) Cheney here, so I repeat myself.
2 comments:
Iraq was a secular government before the invasion. Saddam Hussien was a despot, no argument. He may have gassed the Kurds, but the US was in that on up to their necks, having done everything but fly the planes that dumped the gas.
Unfortunately, Saddam got uppity and threatened to upset the status quo, and thus the US marched in. The Us could not give a ragged rodent's rectum about the Iraqi people, all they want is the oil.
The so called "regime change" just created a vacuum in which any Islamic fundamentalist nutcase could flourish, and did.
I really feel that Iraq was better off under Saddam Hussien.
I can't disagree with you. Any western gov't that gets up on their high horse years and decades after something has happened (and which they knew about, were involved in, or received benefit from) is a gov't that has no credibility or moral superiority. But we're talking about Dubya Dick (Mr. Haliburton) Cheney here, so I repeat myself.
Post a Comment